10 lactation boosters that won’t let you down
The milk supply starts decreasing over time, in the author’s case, starting at the three month mark. There are many ways to increase supply, but care must be taken to ensure the child actually needs the extra milk.
The ways the article lists lactation can be increased are:
2. Water, and staying hydrated
3. Fenugreek pills, with a stipulation that it may make a baby’s stomach upset
4. Coconut Milk
The article then goes on to describe a recipe that would help with lactation and is somewhat sweet but also low in sugar content. It is called the Apple Pumpkin Lactation Muffin and has brewer’s yeast and ground flax mixed in to help milk production.
- If your baby is growing and thriving, your milk supply might not need a boost
- One essential thing to do for milk supply increase is to stay hydrated
- Oatmeal, fenugreek pills and coconut oil have been shown to increase milk supply
“There are numerous things you can do to help increase your milk supply, but remember: everything doesn’t work the same for every person”